Friday, April 23, 2010

Melly Catches Her Tail

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on yesterday's entry. I was completely blindsided by Comet's death, and all of your messages of support and empathy have been so helpful in dealing with it. Last night Melly and Scarlett temporarily set aside their differences and offered comforting snuggles; between that, your comments, and consuming a truly frightening amount of chocolate, I am feeling better.

Now on to a more cheerful subject.

One of Melly's favorite activities is attempting to catch her tail. She does this in a variety of ways, from running in circles like a puppy to turning somersaults. Of course, she always stops as soon as I'm able to retrieve a camera. However, when my friend Jackie (you may remember her from this entry) and I stopped by on our lunch break to visit the kitties, I managed to capture a bit of Melly's silliness on camera while Jackie held and played with her.

video

Melly, by the way, is draped across the back of my neck as I type this, purring happily.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

She's getting big!

sue said...

That girl is simply overflowing with personality.

Glad you're feeling better and that the kids called a truce for a while. Very intuitive, they are.

Tanya Sloan said...

Silly silly kitten! You are the best, Natalie, thank you for sharing Melly's goofiness and making us all smile. So glad the girls are pausing their skirmishes to cuddle with you.

G said...

I love the "tail! tail! tail! Oh, my paw...lick lick lick... tail! tail! tail! tail! Hey, my paw, what about that? Lick lick. Tail!" aspect of the video.

Marlene said...

What a doll and yes, she's getting big, but love it that she's still fits in your hands!

Katnip Lounge said...

Tail = yummy. Love those toesies!
xx Lounge Kats