Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Photographing Kittens

Scarlett has always been fairly easy to photograph. She looks good in any light, she holds her position long enough to try different angles, and she'll frequently actually mug for the camera.Melly, on the other hand... Well, let's just say I have no idea how Laurie and Sue do it. (For that matter, I also have no idea how they manage to keep up with more than one kitten.) Because for every photo like this...
...there are countless more like this:
This is a big part of why there are so many videos on this blog.

In other news, today is Melly's last day on antibiotics, which I'm sure she'll be thrilled about. She has another vet appointment in a couple of weeks for more vaccinations, and that's when they'll test to see if she managed to kick the parasite. Fingers crossed!

10 comments:

Anne Boleyn said...

You're doing a great job, with or without the blurs of Sally.

G said...

Imagine a time before digital cameras! It would have bankrupted cat bloggers!

Puglette said...

kittens are fast and squirmy! lots to do and see. i usually only take photos of my black pug in daylight hours. and for the few that are on the blogs, many, many photos are taken.
your girls are doing so well, it's fun to watch. thank you for sharing.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

sue said...

G is right. Just take squillions of pictures in hopes of getting a few good ones.

To wit: http://pitterpatsofbabycats.blogspot.com/2009/11/elusive-mr-b.html

sue said...

Upon closer inspection, I have to say I really like the upper right photo in the second block of four. It looks like Melly's little head is wagging back and forth and back and forth..

What a goof. Scarlett needs to school her on posing for photos.

BethAnn said...

Natalie - I feel your pain! Sue always has the most beautiful photos and I hope mine can come even somewhat close to hers. Since all 3 of my girls are black, it's even harder to get good shots. They are already tired of me constantly holding the camera up at them!

I am quite a fan of Melly's pin-up poses that she likes to do!

Natalie said...

Anne B: Thanks! It's getting more fun :)
G: Your comment made me laugh out loud. Can you imagine, taking roll after roll of film and not discovering the blurry kitten photos until the film's developed?
Puglette: Fast and squirmy is right! And yes, daylight is definitely my friend when it comes to photographing Melly.
Sue: I remember that photoshoot entry. It made me laugh the first time I saw it, and now I laugh and empathize :) And the blurry pics of Melly are pretty funny, so even if they're not useful, they do make me laugh.
BethAnn: When Scarlett decides she's done with photos, she starts giving me bored, eyes-half-closed looks so I have to give up. And Melly's pin-up poses are so cute!

carmar76 said...

Kitten in motion photos are adorable in their own quirky way! : )

Ayla and Iza, said...

Yeah, we try to spoil The Big Thing's pictures, but he gets some annyway. Hey, we cant always be watchin what he is doin...

But we secretly kinna like some of the good pics. Dont tell him that...

We like yours...

Rene said...

Oh, I know all about blurry photos of cats. I have deleted oodles of them. But it's that one good one that makes all the difference!