Thursday, April 29, 2010

Updates

Star

First of all, thank you so much for all of your great advice for my mom. Star is slowly improving, but it will take some time. Mom said, "Last night Star sat in my lap, looked me square in the eyes, and meowed in a soft voice. I answered (ohhh, I know, poor kitty...) and he repeated his plaintive meowing for about ten minutes. Then he jumped down and went to sleep. He seems calmer so far this morning, but I am reading up on some of your readers' suggested remedies."

Size 8 1/2, in case you're wondering.

Earlier today I got the great news that Melly has kicked the Coccidia! Of course this is very exciting, but unfortunately she still has diarrhea. I picked up some FortiFlora from the vet (also found out they read the blog - hi, Met Vet folks!) on my way home from work, which will hopefully remedy Melly's digestive issues.


The joys of teething.

My Feliway diffuser arrived from Amazon yesterday and I've had it plugged in the kitchen. I haven't noticed much of a difference in cat behavior, but I'm not surprised - these two are constantly fluctuating between ignoring each other, pouncing on each other, and nuzzling each other. (That last one is admittedly pretty rare.) I am going to move the diffuser to the living room, where the majority of the pouncing takes place, and see if it helps there.

15 comments:

junkshop-coyote said...

Nom nom nom SMACK SMACK SMACK *lol*

G said...

Melly is a size 8 1/2?

Glad to hear she is feeling better. I love the videos you upload; she certainly isn't lacking in personality!

sue said...

Oh, she's such a brat! I love her.

Give the Feliway some time. I think it will help.

Probiotics are good for kitties on antibiotics. Or any time, really.

Your mom obviously loves Star.. It will take some time, but things will be okay.

SuziCat said...

She's a cute baby! Love her schmacking the camera! :-D

Geoff said...

Hi MELLY!!!! I'll see you tomorrow! And I'll be bringing my daughter who's eager to meet you too!

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Melly you are such a trip! So funny and entertaining all in one beautiful furry kitteh.

Michelle said...

I'm glad Star is doing a little better.

I was having a bad morning until I watched Melly's teething video. :) Thank you for posting it; she is such a character!

Fabulous Fabs said...

What a face that Melly!!!!

Moose Ridge said...

Feliway does take a couple of days... give it time... I have 2 (have had 4) going all the time in my house and it really does help (my 3 boys had propane poisoning and it brought out the agressive behavior)

you purries are beautiful -- thank you for sharing them with us!!

Rene said...

Like others have said, Feliway takes some time. Putting it in the main room is a good idea.

Fortiflora is good stuff. We used it for our Sadie when she had coccidia. Melly's digestive tract will take some time to get back to normal, but she'll get there.

Katnip Lounge said...

HA! I almost spit out my coffee watching the video. Kittens are a BLAST, aren't they? Give the Feliway a chance. It will probably mellow out Scarlett a little more than the miniature weapon of mass distruction aka Melly.

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

I forgot to say, glad to hear Star is doing better. She is such a beautiful tuxie and she looks like a smaller version of my Sylvester. Lots of love, hugs and scritchies to you Star. sorry for your loss.

Puglette said...

what a cute video! teething is a fun stage, it's just nice when they chew on something other than your flesh! as i am trying to type this my puppy is chewing on my elbow!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Natalie said...

G: The shoes are an 8 ½ - thought it might help for scale :)

Regarding Star: he’s a lucky boy to have my mom taking care of him. And yes, he is gorgeous – and fully aware of it, too. It’s hard to tell from the photos, but he’s pretty big: he weighs around 15lbs, if I remember correctly. Comet was about 20lbs.

Glad y’all have enjoyed that video. It cracks me up when she looks at the camera, licks her lips, then swats the camera around the 17-second mark.

I’m pretty sure Melly will prove impervious to any calming efforts, but I hope the Feliway will help Scarlett. She could use it, with that tiny black tornado attacking her left and right.

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Oops, sorry to call Star a "she" and beautiful. Star is one handsome tuxie boy kitty! Melly is such a cutie too. I just lover her expressions!