Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Dishwasher

I am not a fan of my dishwasher. It's incredibly loud, and its washing abilities do not meet my exacting standards, so I usually end up having to wash everything again by hand anyway. However, after my baking project earlier this week, I was tired of dealing with dishes and had let them pile up a bit, so I stuffed them all in the dishwasher.

I think this is the first time Melly's seen the dishwasher in use, and she wasn't sure what to make of it.

First, she was curious...
Then, when I turned the dishwasher on, she was alarmed...
She got used to the noise pretty quickly, though, and is now snuggled up on my lap.

8 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

My cats ignore the dishwasher...except during the "dry" cycle when it shoots hot air out the bottom. I suppose it will die of cat hair infestation before any of the parts wear out!
KatMom Trish

G said...

Things my cat (whom I got as a kitten but moved when he was three) got used to: 1. The dishwasher. 2. The garbage disposal 3. A lot more space. 4. A rather large chandelier that freaked him out at first. Things he persists in loathing: 1. The vacuum cleaner. 2. The ironing board.

Ayla and Iza, said...

I LOVE the dishwasher. First, there are things ta lick offa the dishes, Then they come out utterly clean an I cant smells a thing on them. The they get moved away on shelves . Then they get used again an there is stuff ta lick again.

I think that is PURRFECT!

IZA

nichole said...

My cats don't really notice the dishwasher now, they've pretty much gotten used to it. Things they still loathe - the garbage disposal, the blender, the vacuum, and the ironing board. If I even take the vacuum out of the hall closet, Jack hisses at it and then runs and hides under the bed. They even hate the little hand held dirt devil.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the vacuum and the ironing board for my two...must be a universal cat-ism.

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Same for my two..they don't even notice the dishwasher but absolutely hate the vacume cleaner. I go to take it out and they both run and hide either behind the TV or on printer holder that has empty shelves.

Rene said...

None of ours even give the dishwasher a second glance. Now bring out the vacuum, and Sadie goes running!

junkshop-coyote said...

My Chester is fascinated by the way the dishwasher drains through the sink drain. When it's running, he'll stare at the drain like it's a mouse hole.