Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nothing New To Report

There isn't much going on here today. The cats are engaged in their usual routine of ignoring each other, with frequent breaks for sparring and napping.

I took a couple photos of Melly chilling on the couch and she graciously held still for me. (Those wrinkles behind her are the new slipcover that I haven't ironed yet.) Most of the time she's a total nut of a kitten, but it cracks me up when she acts like a grown-up cat and is all tiny and dignified. Her little tucked-in paws are so cute!



I tried to take photos of Scarlett but she must've gotten into the catnip as she was quite silly and squirmy.

6 comments:

Ayla and Iza, said...

MOL! We get real active an squirmy when the camera appears too. The Big Thing has a ton of pictures of only a blur or a tail (or nothing). He is threatening to try to use the new video recorder, but we bet we can dodge that too!

Marlene said...

Scarlett's markings are beautiful! Love her stripey arm. Reminds me of my beloved Q who passed last year.

Made that lemon yogurt cake. As I didn't have powdered sugar, I melted some butter, baker's sugar and lemon juice all together. It turned out awesome! Thanks for the recipe :D

G said...

I think Scarlett just wants a minute alone on her perch. She knows her little sis will be trying to annoy her off of it presently.

Rene said...

I love tucked-in paws. They look so cute.

Sue said...

It's so nice to see Scarlett in all her wacked-out-edness. I'm glad she's still a happy girl, in spite of her change in circumstances.

And I never tire of seeing Melly. The videos in particular always warm my cockles.

Natalie said...

Marlene: I'm so glad you enjoyed the lemon cake!

Sue: Scarlett is acting more and more like her old weird self, which is great to see. She was pretty clearly ticked at me for disrupting all her routines, but she is being a lot snugglier and interactive lately.