Wednesday, June 16, 2010

5 Things You May Not Know About Scarlett

1. She loathes baths and the squirt bottle, but she will sit in a puddle in the bathtub with water dripping on her head for hours on end.

2. She comes when called. This I discovered once when she was still indoor/outdoor and she was outside one night, nowhere to be seen. Not thinking she'd actually come, I called her name and clicked my tongue a few times, and a minute later she hopped right over the back fence.

This isn't the most exciting video since most of it is footage of the kitchen floor while I call Scarlett, but I wanted to demonstrate.


3. She snores. But it's very quiet and ladylike.

4. She hates argyle sweaters.


Or maybe all sweaters...

5. She is incredibly affectionate, but mostly to me (she likes Geoff, but has very limited tolerance for most other people). Her most subtle request for attention is when she purrs while approaching me; the least is when she plunks herself down on whichever part of me happens to be horizontal and head butts me. If I stop petting her, she'll curl her paw around my hand and drag it back toward her.


7 comments:

carmar76 said...

Aww, Scarlett is a smart kitty!! : )

Katnip Lounge said...

A Cat in a sweater is wrong on so many levels, and Scarlett's Look tell them all.

Rene said...

We don't like sweaters either, Scarlett!

Kitty said...

I'm surprised Scarlett let you live after putting that sweater on her. She must have been in a good mood that day.

Marlene said...

Hehee, I think Scarlett looks wonderful in her sweater, but I recognize that "death" look. My Q used to give me the same one when I put him in sweaters!

April said...

My kitty comes when she's called too. It's so odd, but I think sometimes she thinks she's a dog :)

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Awww, I love the part about curling her paw around your hand so you keep petting her. My tuxedo kitty will pull my hand if I am scratching his ears and he wants me to keep scratching or scratch harder.