Sunday, June 20, 2010

Cats Being Cats

(This post was supposed to go up yesterday - sorry!)

I had hoped for excitement when I started recording these videos, but what I got instead was pretty boring normal feline behavior. I wasn't originally going to post them, but I was reminded after Scarlett and Melly spent most of last night snuggled up to me that they are pretty darn cute even when they're doing nothing.

In the video below, Melly is intrigued by the fact that her feather toy is moving (it's due to a fan in the kitchen doorway pulling air through after a minor food-burning incident). The racket in the background is "Dirty Jobs" on the TV right behind me.


In this video, Scarlett and Melly do absolutely nothing.

6 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

But they are so cute when they do nothing! Melly is getting big...

G said...

It is just so cute to see them hanging out. Has Melly grown (at least slightly) more calm or has Scarlett grown (at least slightly) more tolerant?

Anne Boleyn said...

I wouldn't call that "doing nothing". I'd say it's "advancing to a sweet relationship".

Rene said...

Heh heh, Melly does the same thing that our Sadie does, sort of a walk-in-front-of-another-cat's-face and show him/her your bum!

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Melly seems to like being able to touch Scarlett now as in the video she is so close to her. Loved the crossed tails at the end. Melly is growing fast!

Natalie said...

Yes, Melly is getting huge!!

I think Melly is calming down. She's still a little pill toward Scarlett a lot of the time, but she's getting better.