Friday, June 4, 2010

Evenings

After dinner, I usually hang out on the living room couch and read, watch tv, etc. Scarlett lays on the back of the couch; Melly, who has trouble deciding whether she wants to snuggle or play, hops wildly about on my lap, attacking everything from my buttons to my fingers. In order to protect my hands from Melly's pointy bits, I keep an old washcloth handy, and either wrap it around my hand for Melly to wrestle with, or just dangle it for her to attack.

Melly's become fairly attached to the washcloth and plays with it even when I'm not animating it. The other night, she fell asleep with it.


(Also, you can see that her belly fur has filled in nicely. She's not nearly as fluffy as I would have expected from her kitten photos, but her fur is incredibly soft.)

6 comments:

Anne Boleyn said...

And the feet, which seem to be getting even bigger in a disproportionate sort of way, are simply fabulous!

Marlene said...

Those curly back paws! So snuggly. Will Melly let you snorgle her belly?

Natalie said...

Anne: There's a bit of forced perspective going on in the picture, but her paws really are pretty big.

Marlene: She doesn't so much let me, but I do it anyway. Same with Scarlett - those fluffy white bellies just kill me!

Katnip Lounge said...

SQUEEEEE! Those feetsies! That tummy! That tail! ::thud::

Patti said...

Love the curled up back toes!!!!

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Bunny toes! I want to rub that belleh!