Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Supporting the Dog-a-Thon

As many of you probably remember, the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee raised $23,000 for the Tacoma/ Pierce County Humane Society last year, which funded the cat quarantine rooms (The Butterbean Quarantine). Laurie and the IBKC are raising money for the Dog-a-Thon again this year - you can find more info here.

I know that many of us have been affected by the economic downturn, and that we all have specific causes that are very close to our hearts, so I certainly don't want to pressure you to donate. That said, every little bit counts, so if you can contribute just a few dollars to the Dog-a-Thon, I know those few dollars would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Tanya Sloan said...

I second the call for support. Donations to non-profit organizations that help humans and animals in need are even more important when economy gets tough. We all have a few dollars to spare, and, as a multi-year volunteer at a cat shelter, trust me, each one counts!

Anonymous said...

Even though it's called a Dog-aThon all money collected through IBKC goes to the cats (in case a further nudge is needed).

Amy and The House of Cats said...

We love the IBKC and donated last year and plan to again this year. Though we don't live out there, most of my family is out that way (my dad was from Tacoma) so I try to support them. We also have a link at our blog to the donation site (I am bad - I used the same picture from last year, but it is so darn cute) and hopefully we can have some of our followers head over there too!