Friday, June 18, 2010

"Up to Something?"


"What in the world would give you the idea that we are up to something? 
We are as innocent as can be."

In other news, the soft paws arrived yesterday! I had a flash of inspiration the other day and managed to get all of Melly's nails trimmed by wearing my big terrycloth bathrobe over my clothes for extra protection, but I am going to wait until Geoff next comes over to apply the soft paws. The directions say the cat is supposed to stay fairly still for a few minutes after application, so putting them on The Squirmy One will definitely be a two-person job. I'll let you know how it goes!

9 comments:

junkshop-coyote said...

That's the cat expression I call the Lee Press-On Halo. ;D

Anne Boleyn said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes with the soft paws. I can cut toenails easily if I happen to find a sleeping kitty at the same time I know where the clippers are.Sometimes it takes two nap times to get all the front claws cut and I don't mess with the back ones.

catonsvillecats said...

Melly is growing so much! She's not itty bitty anymore!

Natalie said...

Anne: Scarlett is super easy even when fully awake, but even a sleepy Melly puts up a huge fight. I never used to cut Scarlett's back claws, but I have to cut Melly's since she bunny kicks Scarlett's head, and I cut Scarlett's too so they're evenly matched. Always an adventure... :)

Elaine said...

In reality, they were probably having a silent power struggle over who could sit on top of that scratching post, but they sure look really guilty of something.

Katnip Lounge said...

We think it should be a three-person job...somebody has to run the camera!
MomKat Trish

Ayla and Iza, said...

We await the results on the soft paws...

G said...

Melly is getting big! Those two seem to become better friends every day and that is cute.

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

I would say they are planning an escape with Ms. Scarlett up on the scratching post and nearest to that door know. What is behind the door that interests both kittehs? Clipping claws can be a big ordeal in my household when clipping my grey tabby's claws. Squirmy kitteh too.