Thursday, July 8, 2010

Adorableness

Melly is pure cuteness in a four-legged, tuxedo-clad package, but there is one thing she does that just kills me: she'll be trotting along, minding her own business, when all of a sudden she will stop, plant her little bum on the floor, curl her tail around herself, tilt her head, and watch me. It doesn't really matter what's going on - she just likes to observe. She looks very serious and analytical.

I haven't managed to get a picture of it, but this one is close.

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Those eyes just slay me! Good look there, Melly!

nichole said...

Such a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, the Melly stories get cuter every day - just like she does!

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Melly you are a cutie! Stella does something similar, though she does it with our yougest male tuxie, Virgil. But she will just stop and watch him. And Kirzon, also a tuxie, will stare at me for a while right before dinner time.

Geoff said...

Melly also will frequently do that pose when I'm cooking. It seems to be her signal that she'd like to be my "shoulder soldier" and will happily perch on my shoulder while I cook, spinning between the sink, stove, fridge and counters and watching attentively. It was quite easy for her to hang out there when she was smaller, but now that she's a lot bigger, she works very hard to stay atop her post...as the scratches on my left shoulder (always the left) attest.

metzdarling said...

Hey Melly, our Tuxie, Lucky says to tell you Hello and you sure are cute!

Ayla and Iza, said...

Iza WATCHES me so intently sometimes, I think she is part dog! No insult meant either way, just that Iza watches my face for clues more than any cat I have ever known. And she does seem to understand what I an thinking more than any other cat has...

The Big Thing