Thursday, July 22, 2010

Miscellaneous Updates


Normally Scarlett is not a fan of the vacuum cleaner, but here she looks like she's conquered both her fear and the vacuum itself.

Update #1: Scarlett's acne hasn't completely cleared up, but it's getting a lot better. The medicated pads from the vet stain her fur brown, which makes it hard to see the affected areas, so I have been periodically shampooing her chin. She does not enjoy that.

Melly found a new hiding spot.

Update #2: The Soft Paws were mostly off a couple of weeks ago (Melly still has one on her left dew claw but it looks like it's about to come off). The cats didn't seem to mind them, and I certainly enjoyed the lack of scratches. However, clipping claws is easier than applying Soft Paws, especially if I only trim the front ones, so I don't think I'll be using Soft Paws again just yet.

They get along just fine when Melly is sleepy and less prone to pounce.

5 comments:

Rene said...

Oh, such cute photos! Two of our three now have kitty acne (the time of year, maybe). IDK if I mentioned this before, but I like to use Hibiclens to clean their chins. It's a gentle anti-bacterial cleanser for people, found at drug stores near the Band-Aids/Neosporin. It works well but does not irritate/strip the skin.

Cynthia M. Suprenant said...

I really enjoy this blog. I'm so glad that Melly (nee Sally) and Scarlett are getting along so well (perhaps they would get on perfectly if it weren't for Scarlett's tantalizing tail swishes).

Natalie said...

Rene: Sorry to hear your kitties have been afflicted! I did get the Hibiclens on your recommendation after Scarlett's diagnosis. I'm almost out of medicated pads from the vet, so I'll soon be switching to Hibiclens.

Cynthia: Thank you! Melly and Scarlett are getting along much better, and Scarlett's old personality is returning. Such a relief!

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Good for you Ms. Scarlett...face your fear of the vacuum monster. I too love the photos. Melly is growing fast!

Katnip Lounge said...

Scarlett, do what we do to vanquish the vacuum: pee on it.