Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Anatomy of a Nap

Melly is a restless sleeper. She twitches, changes positions constantly, and frequently wakes up for a spontaneous bath. She also alternately grumbles, squeaks, and smacks her lips every time she moves. Scarlett, who is a quiet and still sleeper, finds it all quite peculiar and can often be found watching Melly sleep while wearing an expression of, "Seriously?" (It's the same face she makes when Melly does... anything, actually. And it's understandable. Melly, while certainly the cutest cat ever, is not exactly a shining example of normalcy.)

These pictures were taken over the course of about five minutes. When I got the camera out, Melly was sound asleep; when I put it away, she was out cold again.











As I'm typing this, Melly is asleep on the couch, flat on her back with all four paws in the air, making a sort of squeaky chirping noise. If you'll excuse me, I do believe belly snorgles are in order.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its like she woke and thought my butt is itchy. She is so cute -- I love it when cats sleep like this. She is an adorable reverse skunk

Martin Hooper said...

I was going to say BELLY SNORGLE!!! too Nat...

I just want to bury my head in her floofy fur...

The Kool~Kittie~Krew said...

You are such a cute squirmy snoozer!!!

Marlene said...

OH wowo... Belly!!! You're always excused for a belly snorgle :D

Simba said...

How cute. And that belly is irresistible for snorgling with the white on black pattern.

TrinityCreed said...

I love that LAST photo! "nom nom"

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Oh so cute - I vote you try to get some video! I have some crazy sleepers, but nothing like that - they move around, and make weird sounds, and sometimes wake up hissing (always Virgil, always funny) but nothing like you describe!

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

I love the first photo but I too vote for a video of the squirmy chirpy sleeping Melly. I bet she is hilarious! I too cannot resist belly snorgling when my tuxie kitty lays there with his belly exposed. Resistance is futile.

Ayla and Iza, said...

Melly sure is a active sleeper! We both sleep like logs. The Big Thing moves around, not us...

ABBY said...

Oh Miss Melly you just like to make noise!
I hate to admit this, but I snore. I actually make enough noise that you can hear me across the room.

purrin
xo
Abby