Saturday, September 25, 2010

Melly and the Curtains

Thank you for sharing all your stories in the comments on yesterday's post! They were so fun to read, and really made me laugh. I was also pleased to discover that Scarlett's behavior, while certainly weird, falls well within the acceptable range of feline peculiarity.

On the subject of Scarlett: her acne has come back. It's probably because I slacked a little with the Hibiclens for a while (bad cat owner, bad), but so far this outbreak hasn't gotten too scary looking, and I think a round of Duoxo will clear it right up. I was excited to discover that Amazon has containers of Duoxo pads for $10 (regularly ~$40).

Anyway, today's post is about the curtains that hang in the doorway between the living room and the entryway. Both cats love these curtains. They run through them at full tilt and pounce on toys (and each other) through them.

I'm not sure what Melly was playing with here, but its appeal was certainly magnified by the curtains.






That cardboard box in the background is Melly's. She has so much fun playing in it that I haven't had the heart to get rid of it, so it's been in the corner of my living room for months. Sigh.

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Natalie,
you are the bravest person I know, to wit:

1) having curtains and a kitten simultaneously;

2) thinking about disposing of a box.

Madness!

Ayla and Iza, said...

Um, our sheers have big rips in them at windowsill level which JUST coincidently appeared at the same time I arrived here. Now they stay all pushed to one side behind the heavy curtains...

Ayla

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Yep, understand about leaving the box. When something works, I don't mess with it.

Floor length curtains have always made favorite play areas. Sadly, that's why I no longer have them!

Mari said...

Hmm... I thought every cat owner has at least one "kitty's cardboard box" somewhere in the house. Usually you can take the box out when a new more fun one arrives.
(While I don't have a cat, this is true with most cats I've made acquaintance with.)