Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Sweater

I have a thing for argyle. Sweaters, knee socks, sweater vests, you name it. If it's argyle, I love it.

A few years ago, I found a little dog sweater at the pet store on clearance for $4. It was argyle. I couldn't resist.

The result was this (you've seen it before):


Scarlett was a bit miffed at being caught unawares and stuffed into a turtleneck sweater, and she made known her displeasure by leaving a huge purple scar on my forearm.

It was totally worth it.

Well, it occurred to me the other day that Melly used to wear a harness without objecting too much, so she might not mind wearing something a little more substantial.


By the end of the evening, Melly actually seemed to like the sweater. Teehee.

And also, thank you for your comments on yesterdays post! We're pretty psyched.

14 comments:

Kitty said...

LMAO at the choice of musical selection.

metzdarling said...

LOL giggle snorting at my desk now, thanks! :-) How teh heck did you pack THAT much floof into that sweater? :-D

Cynthia M. Suprenant said...

That is probably the BEST FOUR DOLLARS EVER SPENT! Most excellent.

Sammy and Andy said...

MOL........love the post. Melly and Scarlett, you are gorgeous gals with or without your sweater!!!!!! :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Marlene said...

Love it! I can't help but dress up my cats. Poor Q endured years of me dressing him up (Build a Bear Factory tops fit him so well). Now, I'm trying to train 9 and Chani to wear them. Chani is great, 9 not so much hehe.

Anonymous said...

Your musical choice exactly matches Melly's expression and her utterly forlorn body language!

The Kool~Kittie~Krew said...

The Music is HISSterical!

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Awww..poor Melly. I love her look of get this thing off of me now! Me thinks the sweater is a tad too small for Miss Melly?

ABBY said...

Melly....melly .... Melly!
We understand no one knows the trouble I've seen either.

MOL!!!!!!!!!!!

purrin
xoxox
Abby

BeadedTail said...

Melly, we think that's just awful! For some reason though our mommy was laughing so hard at you dealing with that horrible sweater. What is it with these moms?

Geoff said...

I'm confused about a couple of things. First, Natalie is the one of us who likes cats. Why is she the one who tortures them? Secondly, how does loving argyle translate into cat torture? (Full disclosure, I thought it was hilarious.)

As for the sweater being too small. Nope, it's just that Melly is THAT floofy. You could fit two Mellys into that sweater...seriously, there is an absolutely ludicrous amount of floof on what is actually a tiny cat.

Ayla and Iza, said...

Oh Melly, we sorrow fer you about wearin a sweater over yer natural furs.

But Argyle? Oh dear one, we purr for you...

Rene said...

Poor Scarlett. She clearly looks miffed in the sweater. I can't believe you stuffed Melly into that with all her poofiness. :-)

Katnip Lounge said...

OMG! I am dying here...The Baby did the same thing whith her harness!!!! Poor Melly, that bad old sweater stole here bones!