Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, USA readers! And happy Thursday to everyone else! I am typing this Wednesday night, in the midst of prepping for Thursday's dinner. Geoff brined the turkey and made the mashed potatoes, the stuffing was a joint effort, and I made the sweet potatoes and am working on apple and pumpkin pies. As you know, pie crust is my arch nemesis, so I'll be trying some new techniques in hopes that things turn out properly.

The cats are confused by all this kitchen activity, probably since I don't cook very often. They hung around and watched for a while, but have retired for a nap. My apartment gets a bit drafty in the winter, so this tail-to-tail sleeping position has become pretty common for the kitties.




14 comments:

Kea said...

We're sure your dinner will be fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Cat said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great feast today :-)

Wishing you and yours a healthy, happy Thanksgiving!!!

Sammy and Andy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you darlins'!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Geoff, & the girls. I bet they are both going to be up and about once the scent of turkey reaches their noses.

Annie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am so thankful for your wonderful daily updates that make my mornings.

xoxo

Mona said...

ooh, my neighbor showed me how to do the yummiest and BEST pie crust I have ever had. Text me if you want the recipe.

Hugs to you and Geoff and happy thanksgiving to the newly engaged couple

Anne Boleyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Geoff and the dear kitties!

Princess Jasmine said...

Simba thinks the more we read about Thanksgiving the more he says we should have it here. He says turkey is the bestest nom noms. I have to wait a whole month to try my first turkey!

Katnip Lounge said...

Natalie, I made the apple pancake!
HEAVENLY!
I put fresh whipped cream on top...which merely added to the decadence.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Huffle Mawson said...

Happy thanksgiving to Scarlett and Melly (cute sleepy poses!) and to you Natalie and Geoff!

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, your Thanksgiving dinner sounds very nommy! We hope you've had a great day so far. Happy Thanksgiving!

Ayla and Iza, said...

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you all!

We hope your meal today was grand. We had Ham this year, but since most of our canned Stinky Goodness is Chicken or Turkey, that was a good change. An since the Ham was from TBT's own plate, that was special!

Simba said...

Happy Thanksgiving belatedly. I love the tail to tail sleeping position Looking cozy!

catonsvillecats said...

Pie crust: we had a very nice pie yesterday and the person who made it said that her crust secret was using part vodka and part water to make it. Too much water is a bad thing, apparently, and not enough water makes something that isn't workable. Vodka gives her enough moisture to work with it easily, but then cooks off in the oven and just goes away. At least I think that's the reasoning...