Monday, November 1, 2010

Melly the Destroyer Strikes Again

Melly gnaws on just about anything that moves, and many things that don't.


I was in the kitchen the other day when Melly dropped something at my feet. It was the soggy remnant of a wooden blind pull. The mate to this one, in fact:


Farewell, apartment deposit. Farewell.

A couple of days ago, I was in another room when I heard Geoff say, "Melly!" A few moments later, she came trotting by me, carrying something in her mouth. It turned out to be this:


Ridiculous kitten.


And one other thing: Metzdarling, one of my Paw it Forward recipients, has asked for some publicity for her friend Brinn. Brinn has an adorable kitty, Sheba, who is not getting along well at all with Brinn's other pets. She has tried everything, but a new home in SE Texas or SW Louisiana is urgently needed for Sheba. You can find more info on Sheba and her situation on Metz's blog.

9 comments:

Marlene said...

OH dear, Melly, you are quite the cute destroyer of dangly objects!

Sammy and Andy said...

What a girl you are, Melly!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxx

metzdarling said...

LOL, I can sympathize, many of my son's toy army men have succumbed to injuries from Bella.

Kea said...

Melly, are you sure you're not part retriever? MOL!

Katnip Lounge said...

nom nom nom...Melly, we laughed at your piercing abilities! Felix can make lace out of a sheet of paper in about 6.8 seconds. Or less.

Ayla and Iza, said...

Sounds like me! MOL!

Iza

ABBY said...

Melly you're my kinda girl!

purrin
xoxox
Abby

Rene said...

Melly sounds like our Sadie. She has done the same thing to blind cords, so we have to tuck them away. We've lost pen caps, LED tealight candles, a small statue of St. Jude, and the baby Jesus from a nativity set!

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

My tabby kitty Mia likes to eat the dangly things too. She also like to attack or climb the curtains. I know I will be paying to replace the curtains if I ever leave my apartment.