Thursday, December 16, 2010

Synchronized Staring

It's a new sport.

Stare right.

Straight ahead.

Stare left.

And now up!

I love how grumpy they look. So adorable. Shortly after the last picture was taken, Melly suddenly leaned over and shoved her nose under Scarlett's tail, prompting Scarlett to growl and leap off the couch. Also, it would appear that my slipcovers are more in need of steaming than I realized.


And, last night I made: lemon risotto, lemon pound cake, and a shell for a whole lemon tart. And I still have more Meyer lemons! Excellent. I also made apple cake, in case the pound cake and tart don't turn out. Definitely going to have to find someone to foist the leftovers upon - I hope my coworkers are hungry!

11 comments:

Kea said...

Our mom is hungry! LOL!

That staring exercise must have been a hard workout! :-P

Princess Jasmine said...

I'm glad you are taking kitty neck exercises so seriously. You don't want to end up with a stiff neck this time of year!!

Rene said...

I don't think they look grumpy. You've seen some of my grumpy Tucker photos; he's much grumpier than your girls. :-)

Marlene said...

Hehee... Love the synchronization of kitty views.

I would love some lemon pound cake!

flutietootie said...

Oh how sweet they look together.

ABBY said...

Oh Mom wishes she was one of your co-workers.

And Scarlett and Melly look absolutely adorable.

purrin
xoxox

Ayla and Iza, said...

Great synchronized starin, girls!

And yer Mom's busy cookin reminds TBT that he needs ta make his bananer cake before the bananers go bad. Again!

BeadedTail said...

Great job on the syncronized staring! That looks like hard work!

Our mommy wishes she was one of your co-workers too!

Anonymous said...

Are the Meyer Lemon recipes perhaps (hopefully) forthcoming? Those lemons have such a distinctive taste since they're thought to be a hybrid of lemon and orange (or mandarin). I'd love to try some new recipes with them!

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Meyer lemon bars, meyer lemon tart, meyer lemon pound cake....yum, yum, and yum! My Great Aunt had a wonderful Meyer lemon tree that use to put out bags and bags of lemons. My mom would then turn them into lemon bars that my aunt loved. Lemon ricotta sounds good. How about a lemon and peach cobbler?

Funny kitties...syncronized staring!

KatBoxJanitor said...

Lovely demonstration of synchronized staring.
More attention should be paid to this disappearing art!

Your mom's Meyer Lemon goodies sound delish!
I bet the house smells yummy when she cooks!