Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Heat Seeker

The bedroom where I stay at my parents' house is normally kept closed; its only regular inhabitant is a goldfish I won at a carnival the better part of a decade ago. When I visit, Star likes to poke around and make sure that everything is just as it should be. Naturally, he pays special attention to the fish.

This little nook by the heating vent is his favorite spot.





To answer a couple of questions from the comments on yesterday's post:

1) Star and Melly are both tuxies but are otherwise not related. That is, unless Star's mom, Pepper, a short-haired white cat with one black ear, made a cross-country trek and had an affair with a really fluffy tom cat. Which I suppose is possible.

2) Regarding a sibling for Star, it's not in the cards for a variety of reasons, probably the most important of which is that my mom is very allergic to cats. She managed to cope with having two cats by vacuuming and airing out the house constantly, but it was extremely uncomfortable for her. The reason we had two cats to begin with was that the people from whom we got Star and Comet were going to take the kitten we didn't adopt to the local animal shelter, and of course we couldn't let that happen!

9 comments:

Kea said...

We think by the heat vent is the BEST spot to be!

Cat said...

My boys ALL like to sleep by vents too :-)

Simba said...

I am obviously missing out by us not having forced air heat. We have those baseboard hot water radiators, which are nowhere near as enticing.

bentley1530 said...

Always nice to see Star. Not only is he a real cutie, he is also a smart kitty to snuggle up to the heat source.

Marlene said...

Star is a very handsome boy and I loved his snuggle photos with your sister!

ABBY said...

We think Star is a very VERY handsome tuxie!

♥♥♥
purrin
xoxoxo
♥♥♥

Caren Gittleman said...

you should put a little bed under there...I bet she would love it!

I have a soft little bed for Cody under a table right by the heating vent, it is one of his favorite spots! :)

The Island Cats said...

Star, my favorite spot to sleep in the winter time is next to the heat vent too! Mom says I'm gonna burn up one day!

Ayla and Iza, said...

Cozy, cozy, cozy.