Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lap Kitty

Geoff and I were eating breakfast when Melly hopped up into my lap. Shortly after that, Scarlett came into the kitchen, saw that my lap was occupied, and put her paws up on Geoff's leg (it's how she asks permission before hopping into a lap - she's very polite). Geoff said no, so Scarlett put her paws back down and mewed mournfully. Of course, Geoff relented and up she went.


He did use Scarlett's head as a mug rest, though. She was thrilled, as you can see.


Ah, that's better.


And in answer to yesterday's questions about what Melly was looking at out the window, I'm not sure. It was pretty early on Saturday morning, so there weren't any cars or people, and I didn't see any wildlife. She was really fascinated by whatever it was, though!

15 comments:

Simba said...

How sweet. Mom wishes that I would "do" laps, but I don't. I like to be close, or held, but not on a lap. She wonders why.

Kea said...

Aw, Scarlett, you just want to see what's going on on-line! :-)

HeidiK said...

Aw... sweet Scarlett! Such a lovely girl!!

G said...

Geoff is learning (or is it being trained?) that cats do not take "no" for an answer.

BeadedTail said...

Scarlett, we didn't think Geoff could resist letting you sit on his lap! You are just so sweet!

Geoff said...

G & Tail, in truth, Scarlett regularly does take "no" for an answer as I do tend to resist more stridently. Melly is not normally a lap cat and when S came in and wanted to get on N's lap only to find it occupied by the over-dressed fluffball, she tried me. I let her up onto my lap simply in the spirit of fairness.

In a conversation with my mother yesterday, something I said caused her to ask, "With all this time around Scarlett and Melly, you haven't softened your position on cats?" I subsequently asked her (about her least favorite food), "If you ate a lot of lima beans day in and day out, would you start liking them?"

Sparkle said...

I ask for things politely too. Until I am told no. Then I put my paw down.

ABBY said...

Scarlett fair is fair, right!

purrin
xoxoxo
♥♥♥

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

that is one gorgeous mug rest!!! lol! I love her expression in the photo after Geoff put the mug there lol

~*Connie*~ said...

I love that she asks for permission!!

Sue said...

That expression in the last pic. HA!

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

Well, it IS allus better not to have a coffee cup on ones head!

Huffle Mawson said...

You are very polite Scarlett. I just headbutt mum or dad if I want to sit on a lap.

Rene said...

Awwwww, how sweet. I love the look on her face with the mug!

kelley said...

What a doll you are Scarlett...such a good girl...please give Geoff a big ankle bite for not softening towards cats...and comparing you with lima beans!!!