Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sharing the Dresser, Part II

On Saturday, I saw for myself!




As a couple of you pointed out, Scarlett and Melly are pretty grumpy about sharing this prime spot. But hey, I'll take it - at least they're interacting peacefully! And it's not just limited to the dresser: Scarlett spent all last night curled up next to me, which she always used to do in our pre-Melly years. (Melly herself spent at least part of the night sleeping by my feet.) It's the first time Melly has left Scarlett alone for so long - normally they have sparring matches and repeatedly kick each other off the bed.

By the way, did I tell you what Geoff got the cats for Christmas?

If you're getting a warm and fuzzy feeling at the thought of Geoff buying them Christmas presents, well, I had that same feeling too.

Until I found out that he got them squirt bottles.

Yeah.

13 comments:

ABBY said...

I love the juxaposition of the Capra " It's a wonderful life" with the two girls on top of the dresser!

Purrs

Simba said...

Very sweet together. Ha, ha about the squirt bottles!

Geoff said...

Best thing about the squirt bottles? There's a spot on them to write what the bottles' contents are. I'm going to label one "Discipline" and the other, "Justice"

Princess Jasmine said...

I hope mummy doesn't like the ideas of squirt bottles, I don't think i'd like those!!

Katnip Lounge said...

hahaha!! "Justice Juice" and Eau de Discipline"!

btw, the girls are so sweet napping together.

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Sweet photos of the Scarlett and Melly snoozing together. As for the squirt bottles...hmmm, make sure you don't squirt in the direction of the TV or other electronics.

BeadedTail said...

Winter tends to bring out the cuddly in everykitty! As for squirt bottles for a gift, we don't think we'd ever want presents from Geoff!

Angel & Isabella

Oldcat said...

Many years ago, when I had a young cat that was harassing his elderly roommate I got a spray bottle for discipline. It didn't work out like I hoped, since the bad kitten liked the water and would come close and drink from the spray.

Since it solved the problem of him annoying the other cat, I left it at that.

The Island Cats said...

That's a great spot to snuggle...

Sparkle said...

Squirt bottles!?!?!? Hiss!

Jean in Olympia said...

OMG are they touching in that last pic? My two have come to and understanding about sleeping in the bed with me. They sleep diagonally as far apart as they can and don't make eye contact.
I visit this blog every day even though I have 2 cats that look and act almost identically to Scarlet and Melly. It's like watching an alternate universe... Oh I have gone around the bend as a crazy cat lady:)

Ayla and Iza, said...

It took us a full year (or so) to start sleepin tagether,an it started just like that with backs touchin.

There is an evil Squirt Bottle here to, but at LEAST it wasnt a GIFT!

The Lee County Clowder said...

Squirt Guns??!! We know whose pillow we'd poop on.

At least if there's two bottles, Natalie could use one of them to 'Discipline' Geoff.