Thursday, February 17, 2011

Modesty? What modesty?

I love that she has her tail flipped up around her paw.



In other news...

Every morning when I'm eating breakfast, Scarlett puts her front paws on my thigh and chirrups for attention (it's our little routine). I pet her and rub her head, usually trying to keep her off my lap to minimize damage to my work clothes, but sometimes she hops up anyway. The other day, I noticed that she left much, much less hair than usual on my clothes - normally I am completely covered with a thick layer of hair that takes several lint roller sheets to remove, but there was hardly anything there. It was great to have some more evidence that the furminator is really working!

Also, Scarlett's coat was incredibly soft, much more so than it's ever been. As Geoff suggested, this is probably partially due to the recent change in diet: we recently switched to a grain-free diet with a higher percentage of canned food than before. The goal is to help Scarlett lose a little weight, but for now, I'll settle for a nice healthy coat!

12 comments:

mawiesner said...

I too switched my cats to a grain free canned diet (Wellness). I've always fed them that, but I was supplementing with dry food. One of my cats was getting overweight and getting rather addicted to the dry, so we switched to wet only. Since then his coat is soft and shiny and his weight has come down. He also seems happier and is more active. I think Scarlet will be much happier, too. :)

Sammy and Andy said...

What totally cute pics!!!!!!!!!

Love to both of you.

Rene said...

Cuuuuuuute pics!! Great news about the shedding and fur--I'm guessing the less shedding could also be due to the better diet.

Sparkle said...

Binga has lost weight since my human switched us over to an all-canned food diet (She weighs 10 lbs. instead of almost 12 before). Plus Binga and Boodie get grain-free (I don't like it particularly). We all have nice coats!

Simba said...

Hmm, furminator and grain free diet = lovely coat. Maybe some changes coming around here.

Katnip Lounge said...

Melly is a flirty doll! I love those curly toes. I switched my crowd to all wet grain free a year ago and the difference is amazing. Sylvester, our newest kitty, is getting sleeker and shinier by the day after eating kibble all the time at the vet, where he lived before.
And yes, the furminator is wonderful!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

pics are adorable!! I need to get a furminator...actually...mostly for our Sheltie!

BeadedTail said...

Those little curled toes are just too cute! We are on a grain free diet too but we don't like that Furminator. We have a feeling we'll be seeing more of it now though.

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

All of our stinky goodness is grain-free. And we only get a little bit of dry crunchies as treats.

We loved the cute pictures of Melly!

ABBY said...

OH those sweet little paws and tuxedo tummy are just so alluring!

purrin
xoxox

Sylvestermiasmomma said...

Grain free diet is what I need to put my two cats on. My tuxedo needs to lose about 2-3lbs. My silver tabby may need to lose 6-8 ounces. I have thought about reducing their dry food but my tuxedo doesn't seem to like wet food that much.

Melly you are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

The better diet probably is helping her coat. My kitty gets grain-free canned + Wellness core dry, but before I switched she used to get dandruff on her bumbum. I think it was some type of mild food allergy.