Friday, March 4, 2011

Flashback Friday: Slater


This handsome orange fellow is Slater. He belonged to the people in the front unit of my small apartment building; Scarlett and I lived in the back. The day Scarlett moved in, the two of them began a territorial battle over the side yards of the building. Slater was getting along in years, and the ruthless Miss Scarlett took advantage of his advancing age to conquer not only the side yards but a bit of the front one as well. I used to hear the most fearful noises outside, then Scarlett would come prancing home with orange fur between her toes. Sigh.

When Scarlett became an indoor-only cat, Slater would come and visit her, sitting right on the other side of the window. I think he was gloating.


Edited to add: this photo was taken about four years ago, when I lived in a shoebox-sized apartment with a lovely back yard. I moved to my current apartment two years ago and haven't seen Slater since. I imagine if he's still alive, he's continuing to enjoy having the yard all to himself!

9 comments:

Princess Jasmine said...

I bet Slater was very jealous that Scarlett was nice and cosy tucked up indoors hee he xx

Mr Puddy said...

Miss Scarlett, I think in some way, Slater miss your cat battle : )

ABBY said...

Scarlett
I do think Mr Slater was gloating at you through the window.

purrin
xoxox

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Is Slater still around? You said he was getting on in years and this is a flashback...wondering if he is still around?

Natalie said...

Caren - I just updated the post with a little more context. Sorry I can't give you any more info!

Sparkle said...

Slater was certainly a handsome guy! Just goes to show: we girlkitties are not necessarily impressed by looks.

BeadedTail said...

We think he came to look at the pretty ladycat in the window!

=^..^= said...

We never realised how ferocious Scarlett is. *shudder* We'll definitely be minding our P's and Q's with her!

~Slash & Bronzy

HubbleSpacePaws said...

*sigh* The fur twixt the toes thing is so disconcerting. Every once and a while I see it here at the casa, although no one ever seems to be hurt.