Friday, April 1, 2011

Flashback Friday: Neighbor Cats


These photos are from a couple of years ago when I first moved into my current apartment. When I arrived, there were quite a few outdoor cats in the neighborhood (most of them had collars, so they did have homes). The block across the street was ruled by a skittish black fluffball; my block was shared by a bob-tailed tabby, a very vocal tuxie, and Ashley, the Siamese who still comes around sometimes.

Here, Scarlett is having a bit of a disagreement with the tuxie:

Yikes, the windows could really have used a wash.


But then, she caught a glimpse of the tabby:


The tuxie took off, and Scarlett followed the tabby around to a different window:

These two cats haven't come around in over a year, so I'm guessing their owners have moved away. I think Ashley is the only outdoor cat on the block currently, but maybe more will come out when the weather gets better.

8 comments:

Simba said...

Wow, that is quite an assortment of neighbor kitties! Entertaining (?) for Scarlett.

Katnip Lounge said...

Scarlett is thinking: "let me at 'em!"

Marlene said...

Handsome outdoor kitties. Good on Scarlett to keep a vigilant watch

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

those were super great photos of their activities!

Sparkle said...

I must confess that that is one thing the dog here is good for - she keeps the outside cats away from my windows. 'Cause I do not like trespassers!

ABBY said...

Oh my cod!
If those cats came that close there would be hissy fits all over the place!

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<
Abby Ping Jinx Boo Gracie
purrin
xoxox
~ManxMnews

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

We smack the glass door when the indrooder comes around and we hiss and yell. They leave!!!

euthymic said...

We hope Tuxie and Tabby's people are still around and just forgot to open the door that one time. Ma says we have a Polyanna syndrome. Whatever that is...

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill