Friday, May 13, 2011

Lap Cat

Scarlett is an incredibly snuggly cat, and will hop into any available lap at the first opportunity. She purrs like a little engine and makes biscuits, but when she's truly happy, she pauses in her biscuit making, spreads her toes, and clamps on.

Here she is on my lap:



Look at those big round eyes. Irresistible!

And also, the cats went to the vet yesterday and got weighed. Scarlett is up to 12.2lbs (eek) and Melly is at 11.5lbs. Both cats could stand to lose some weight, so it's diet time!

8 comments:

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

I really think I would like to fix Scarlett up with Cody lol. He weighs almost exactly the same (and he is too fat too!)...he also clamps his paws in like that when he is making biscuits. I think they are a "match made in heaven!"

Marlene said...

Oh no! Not a diet!!!


Scarlett has such beautiful markings and I love her eyeliner

ABBY said...

Scarlett looks so happy!

Purrs
Abby

BeadedTail said...

We weigh about the same so we don't want to hear that d word! Our mommy has little holes in her leg from us making biscuits on her (although we call it making putty).

Katnip Lounge said...

Scarlett, Your hole-poking technique is superb! I love to do that to Mommy, she screams with delight.
xx Grayce

Sparkle said...

My human wishes that you guys could trade your extra weight with me - I am underweight!

Laura said...

Scarlett is so pretty -- love those eyes! And it's funny that she outweighs Melly -- I guess it's Melly's floofiness that makes her look like the bigger of the two. Scarlett doesn't care, obviously, she enjoys her sleek beauty!

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

She is so cute there! We all like laptime here, but claws get us lifted off. I weigh a little over 12 lbs too, but fortunately for me it has been stable there fer a year so I dont hear the D word...

Iza