Friday, May 27, 2011

Not on the table

A couple of you commented on yesterday's post that Melly wasn't actually on the table: she was on a notebook. That made me laugh, and reminded me of when Melly was a kitten. This is from the May 22, 2010 post:


"I know I'm not supposed to be on the table, but you see, I'm on a notebook. Also, I'm obviously asleep, and you wouldn't kick a sleeping kitten off the table, would you?"


"Heh.... oops."

And this is from July 3, 2010:

See that very small piece of paper under about a quarter of Melly? Obviously that means she's not on the table. Nope, definitely not on the table.


12 comments:

~*Connie*~ said...

but cat logic is /= to human logic.. in her mind she was following the rules :)

so love the paw on the table..

meowmeowmans said...

MOL. Yes, technically you are correct, Melly!

Have a great weekend, sweet friends. :)

Princess Jasmine said...

And, obviously, you are looking after that pen aren't you Melly? Hoomans are always losing pens, so mummy will be very pleased you have kept an eye (it may be closed but we know it still see's) on it :)xx

Martin Hooper said...

Oh my Melly haven't you grown my dear little cat...

I can remember when you could fit in someones fist...

Marlene said...

You were so tiny! Do you still try to sit on Geoff's shoulder when he is cooking?

And you are technically not on the table. That is quite obvious

BeadedTail said...

See, we knew you weren't breaking the rules since you weren't technically on the table! Looks like you've always been a good kitty and followed the rules Melly!

Katnip Lounge said...

hmph. Technical fouls only count in basketball, not kitty table sports!

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

Hmmm, now you have touched the table AND you are no longer sleeping...

Sparkle said...

The rule around here is that there MUST be some papers on the table - we cats find it more comfortable than bare wood!

Simba said...

Well, technically .........

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Melly knows just how far to push the envelope! The paw just barely touching the table is my fave :)

Geoff said...

Alas, Marlene, Sous Chef Melly has moved on from her normal perch on my shoulder while cooking. Occasionally I'll scoop her up onto my shoulder, but even if not moving around much, she's just too unstable and gets off pretty quickly.