Friday, May 6, 2011

Some News

I have run out of Flashback Friday posts as the first four years of Scarlett's time with me were not nearly as well documented as the past one has been. I know that somewhere I have the pictures that Scarlett's first family sent me when I inquired about their Craigslist ad, but I haven't been able to locate them...

Anyway, I have a bit of news.

"What is going on?! Things are changing!"

My sister, whom you may remember from these posts, is coming to stay with me for the summer! She is arriving tomorrow - yay!

There has been quite a lot to do to get ready as my one-bedroom apartment isn't exactly set up for double occupancy (Geoff visits a lot, but doesn't really need his own space here). Naturally, Scarlett and Melly are very interested in all my organizing and rearranging. The air mattress behind the couch is a big hit, although I'm curious to see how long it lasts with all those sharp claws waltzing about on it.


All the furniture from the area behind the couch is now shoved against one wall to make more room for my sister's stuff and bed, and so far, Melly is really enjoying this new arrangement. Scarlett remains dubious.



14 comments:

Rene said...

Oh, sounds like fun! And it looks like the cat tree next to the book shelf looks like fun for the kittehs too.

Kea said...

We think it'll be fun for you both too.

The mom says put a blanket or sleeping bag (open) down to cover the air mattress, or even a sheet. She's been there, done that. LOL.

-Fuzzy Tales

BeadedTail said...

It's always fun to have someone else come visit because that means that much more attention being paid to you two!

Katnip Lounge said...

What FUN! Make sure you both gets lots of photos with your kitties...I think your sister might be mobbed/divebombed at night!
I agree--a sleeping bag or a mattress pad should help against punctures. I slept on one for almost two months with 5 cats and never had a problem.

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Oh that is cool that your sister is going to stay with your for the summer! And don't worry too much about those air mattresses - they stand up surprisingly well to claws (I had one for a while that I would sleep on with new cats or cats that couldn't jump - they never popped it even with those tiny, deadly kitten claws - it was the boyfriend that did it in). The kitties are going to love having even more attention at home too we bet!

Sparkle said...

It sounds like all of you - kitties and humans - are going to have a very fun summer!

ABBY said...

That's great news about your sister and we are sure the cats will love having her visit too.

>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<
Abby Ping Jinx Boo Gracie
purrin
xoxox
~ManxMnews

Mr Puddy said...

I just know Your sister must love cats if she is not, she will be...because Melly and Scarlett are fabulous : )
xoxo

The Island Cats said...

Oh how exciting...you guys are gonna have a new roommate!! A new human to pay lots of attention to you both!

Cat said...

I hope you have a great summer with your sis!!!

Marlene said...

How wonderful! Another human slave for Melly and Scarlett. Hooray! Have a fantastic summer with your Aunty.

Huffle Mawson said...

Melly is going to have the BEST fun with another person to pester!

Teddy Westlife

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

Yeah, TWO Beins ta give them attention!

Sue said...

How fabulous! You have a great summer ahead of you. Sisters are the best.