Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The New Carrier

I used to have two carriers for the cats: a large hard plastic one, and a smaller soft-sided one. The smaller carrier is fine for short trips, but I think it's a little too cramped for longer drives, like when we go up to Geoff's house. So, I got another larger carrier. The only one at the pet store that met my specifications was in the dog section, but Melly didn't seem to mind, and was in the carrier before I'd even finished assembling it.



Scarlett has a deep and abiding hatred for her carrier, but even she had to check out the new one.


She let Melly do the close-up work, though.



I think Melly approves of her new carrier.


Later in the evening, a couple of hours after the previous photos were taken, I discovered this:


Apparently not all carriers are evil!

11 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Yay for a top-loading carrier, says our mom. She loves ours, it makes it much easier to get us in. Unlucky us.

Annie used to sleep in hers (the carriers are left out all the time in a spare room), but we don't like to hang out in them.

Kjelle Bus said...

Lovely pictures !
Just love that sign = Dog Whisperer :)
I wish I could whipser to the neighbors dog !Then I should whisper to her ,to take her hairy but out of my property !!! *MOL*.

Simba said...

I bet new carriers lack any odor of the Vet place, so are more like caves to play in or sleep in.

Rene said...

Or possibly, Scarlett had to erase the Melly smells in that carrier, LOL! Our largest carrier, for Tucker, stays out all the time and he likes to sleep in it. It's much larger than yours and is a dog carrier too. :-)

nichole said...

I keep my carriers out all the time. Both Jack and Kate love to curl up and nap in them. It makes it so much easier when we travel.

Marlene said...

They are both excellent inspectors. 9 and Chani's carriers are in the closet. When I bring them out, 9 checks them out. Chani pretends they don't even exist...

ABBY said...

We had to laugh at the Dog Whisperer sign on top of Melly's carrier! She did a great job of working it over.

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥

BeadedTail said...

Scarlett, you are smart to let Melly check it out first to make sure it's okay! It looks like a really nice carrier!

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Yep, great inspection technique! LOL... we have your burgundy carrier in blue! Still have some front-load only carriers around (usually gifts to Space Paws and we don't say no) but we only purchase dual loading... they're the best!

The Island Cats said...

Haha! They did a good job of breaking the new carrier in!! We hate the carrier and avoid it at all costs!

Mark's Mews said...

We agreed here that bein cheap an buyin small PTUS just wasnt right. So we have 2 large ones now. We hardly ever go to the vet in more that 2. So it werks out good.