Friday, July 15, 2011

Mugging

And here we have another prime example of Melly's awareness of the camera. She is such a ham.





I had a couple questions the other day on Melly's size, since she tends to look rather little in pictures. As the last few visitors to see Melly have all exclaimed at how big she is, I suppose the answer is: she's probably a bit bigger than you think.

The Mellybean weighs in at about 11 pounds these days, and she's only a smidge overweight so most of her roundness is due to floof. Scarlett, on the other hand, weighs about 12 pounds but needs to lose over two pounds, so she is a much smaller-framed cat than Melly is. I'm really curious to see how the power balance (such as it is) between these two will be affected when both cats are at healthy weights.

13 comments:

Rene said...

Oh, I love that first photo!!

Anju said...

May I ask what Scarlett's weight was PM (pre-Melly)?

Princess Jasmine said...

Somebody is enjoying the windowsill. Hmmm, I think I might ask mummy to weigh me and Simba. I probably weight the same as a small feather and Simba probably weighs the same as a big elephant hee hee :) xx

Fuzzy Tales said...

Melly, what a great ledge to hang out on and watch kitty TV!

We boys weigh about the same, though our body types are very different. :-)

BeadedTail said...

Melly, when you are as adorable as you are, you have the right to be a ham! We love that first photo of you!

Simba said...

LOVE that outstretched paw in #1. Simba and Audrey are both about 12.5 lbs. I think floofy cats convert much more of their food into fur so have an easier time staying thinner.

Cynthia M. Suprenant said...

I swear that cat mugged for the cameras 'way back when she was "Sally Dickens." Adorable!

Sparkle said...

Everybody thinks I am bigger than I really am! Those who meet me in person are surprised to see that I am a little cat, less than 6 lbs. The camera does funny things.

Katnip Lounge said...

She's too sexy for her Fur!
Walking down the catwalk...Melly the supermodel!

Furkidsmom said...

Mom wants to reach into the monitor and smooch those toes in that first picture.

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

CatLadyDiary.com said...

That is a swell place to hang out!

ABBY said...

Oh Melly you are such a cutie!

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥

Mark's Mews said...

The camera loves Mellie!