Monday, August 29, 2011

Ask Scarlett and Melly: Blinds and Being Irresistible

This is the last Q&A post (unless you ask more questions, of course). Thank you for your questions - I've enjoyed answering them, and it's been fun to get more interaction with you all!

Tracy asked: Why won't you open your blinds more?? This drives me bonkers!! I bet it drives the kitties bonkers too!?!?
My window sills are at ground level, so if my blinds are open, people can see right in. Most of the pictures on the blog are taken in the evenings when the place looks pretty cave-like, but the way the blinds are angled does let in quite a bit of indirect sunlight during the day. Two of the windows in the apartment are a little farther away from the sidewalk, so I leave those blinds raised about 8-10" for the cats. They really aren't shy about poking their heads through the blinds on the other windows if they want to look out, though.

Cynthia asked:
For Scarlett: Is Melly really that irresistible? If so, how do you manage to resist her?
Says Scarlett: "She is only irresistible to you opposably thumbed types. I see right through her cuteness and charm and find her to be a pesky little (ok, not so little) interloper who prevents me from getting 100% of my human's attention. On the plus side, the food and toy situation did improve after she got here, so that's something."

For Melly: Do you have to try to be irresistible, or does it just come naturally?
Says Melly: "My appeal seems to be based on my adorably floofy appearance and enchanting personality, both of which I come by naturally. I have been told that everything I do somehow manages to be cute (seriously, I was just cooed at for yawning), so really, the problem is turning off the charm. I find that biting helps."

For Natalie: No question --- just thanks so much for sharing these girls with us. :) And for what it’s worth, I suspect that Scarlett’s life has been greatly enriched by the presence of the irrepressible Melly. Scarlett won’t admit it, but I bet it’s true!
It is my pleasure! And I really think you're right about Scarlett.

9 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

"...the problem is turning off the charm. I find that biting helps."

Hahahahahahaah! Good strategy!

Cynthia M. Suprenant said...

Melly, I bet you even BITE cutely!

Simba said...

Melly actually does the bitey?

Fun to have all your answers.

Katnip Lounge said...

We have enjoyed all the Q & A! We have a question: Is your Mom a kitty-sniffer? Ours smells us all the time, 'specially when she's eating our ears...*sigh*

WTG on the anti-cute, Melly!

ABBY said...

Oh Melly you also have a very "biting" sense of humor too!
Both of you girls are so adorable.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

BeadedTail said...

We've enjoyed all the answers to the questions! You girls are very irresistible and knowing more about you makes you even more so!

Sparkle said...

I loved all your Q&As!

Mark's Mews said...

Questions:

Who weighs more?

Who can jump higher?

Who is sneakiest?

Huffle Mawson said...

I've just been reading over all the Q&As! Interesting stuff. I hope Teddy doesn't get any ideas about answering questions though.