Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Enjoying the Sun




She has the cutest profile.

Melly has been extra affectionate the past few days, perhaps because she is missing my sister and is looking for more attention. Yesterday morning, I woke up to find myself nose-to-nose with Melly, who was sleeping above my head with her chin resting on my pillow a couple of inches from my face. She does normally sleep with me, but usually stays off to the side a bit or goes down by my feet.

Although Melly usually puts up with all my belly snorgles and cuddles, she generally prefers to keep to herself. She likes to be near the humans and will sometimes sit on an available lap and demand chin scritches, but she is usually restrained in her affections (unlike Scarlett, who wants to be in almost constant physical contact with me). At any rate, when Melly decides to come and head-butt me and nuzzle, purring, into the crook of my elbow, it's kind of a big deal. It feels pretty darn special, too.

7 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Gorgeous Melly, those are terrific pics. Love, love, love your white paw tips.

You're a lot like Annie was in terms of affection, only Annie never was a lap cat at all. But she'd snuggle up and have "mom" time and it was oh, so special. :-)

Katnip Lounge said...

Oh my. Just LOOK at those fat kitty cheeks!

::melting into goo::

Sparkle said...

Melly has you humans trained so well!

ABBY said...

Oh Melly
YOU are just so adorable!
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

BeadedTail said...

Melly, it's fun to be able to demand attention on our terms isn't it? We just love your tuxie markings and little white toes!

euthymic said...

Aww, that is really touching:)

Rene said...

Aw Melly, are you missing your special person? What a sweetie.