Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Over the weekend, I went to visit some family I hadn't seen in several years. It was a great visit, and I had a lot of fun seeing everyone (although I almost didn't recognize one of my cousins, he's grown so much!). My aunt, the one whose recipes I've posted here a few times, is one of those people who makes cooking for half a dozen (or more) people look completely effortless. I learned so much just watching her! You may remember the molasses sugar cookies I made last Christmas; that was one of my aunt's recipes, and she made a batch for me to take home with me. The funny thing was, her cookies looked nothing like mine! They were flat, like ginger snaps, and tasted way better. So, I'm pretty sure something went wrong when I made them, which means that I must experiment until I get them right. At least these experiments will be delicious!

Anyway, the cats spent the weekend with Geoff at his condo, where I'm told they had lots of fun on the patio.

When I was packing for the trip, Melly kindly assisted:


Of course, her assistance was mostly in the form of shedding all over everything.

Via strategic use of her adorable grumpy face, she also made it known that she did not approve of my departure.


Scarlett was also displeased, and wouldn't even look at me.


So dramatic.

When I got home yesterday, they pointedly ignored me for a couple of hours before deigning to present themselves for petting. After I fed them their evening meal, they were much friendlier. Goofballs.

10 comments:

Fabulous Fabs said...

They're all the same. When they realized that you're preparing to leave, when they see the luggage or travelling bag, they feel the abandonment, like you're never coming back. They seem so upset. Here, I'm lucky if they don't pee in the luggage.

SAS....Sammy, Andy and Shelly said...

MOL...us kitties are the same the world over!!!!!!

Love to y'all.

Rene said...

Yep, we've had that exact thing happen! Sit on the luggage before you leave, and then ignore you when you return!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Chumley and Annie never gave the human the cold shoulder the few times she left them, even the once she left them for 2 weeks. They were happy to see her!

It remains to be seen what WE do once she's back after her trip next week. :-P

Marlene said...

Chani refuses to look at me when I drop her off at the Kitty Hotel. She curls herself up in a tiny ball and then lowers her head. It's a very dramatic and heartwrenching act, but I am on to her!

9 and Chani do not give me the cold shoulder upon my return, but Chani does voice her displeasure while riding in the car over to their hotel AND on the way back. If I'm lucky, their grandparents get to hear it insted of me :D

Love the cranky faces.

Sparkle said...

Melly REALLY did not like you leaving! I think she was trying to blend in with the stuff you were packing... but that face gave her away.

Katnip Lounge said...

Nobody does Displeasure quite as well as a Cat, and Melly's tops them all! I would say that Look is bordering on Disgruntlement.

ABBY said...

Oh Melly that face is priceless!
We know that both girls are so glad to have you back.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

BeadedTail said...

We're glad you had a good time visiting family but we're glad you're back with the girls now! They didn't look too pleased you were leaving!

bentley1530 said...

What about Geoff, did he have lots of fun on the patio? Love the sad don't leave me faces. Cats know how to lay on the guilt.