Saturday, February 18, 2012

Scarlett

I had a friend over for dinner yesterday, and she'd never met the kitties before. Melly, unsurprisingly, was her usual charming and adorable self, and was pleased as punch to make a new friend. I warned my friend upon her arrival that Scarlett would probably be standoffish, and indeed she was. She even went so far as to take a few swipes at my friend, although she did keep her claws in. I was pleased that Scarlett actually hung around with us instead of hiding under the bed--I'll count that as progress!

10 comments:

Nerissa's Life said...

My dad just loves it when company comes over. Personally, I can take them or leave them... mainly leave 'em.

Sparkle said...

Binga is our greeter here. I will come out and say hello, but I don't believe in letting strangers touch me. It's unseemly.

Katnip Lounge said...

Scarlett--do what I do--give the bitey! heh heh.

Grayce

The Island Cats said...

Scarlet, you are quite the social butterfly....er, we mean cat! ;)

BeadedTail said...

Isabella is our greeter here and won't leave any visitor's lap empty but I prefer to watch from afar. Sadie greets people too but she don't like them to touch her.

Purrs,
Angel

Marlene said...

9 is my greeter and loverboy. Chani is fickle but becoming more social and Sheamus Popoki hides. It's really a pity as most of my friends are coming by to see the Orange Interloper these days. Ah well. 9 entertains them.

Daisy said...

I usually run and hide if I even hear the doorbell ring!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

We can do without visitors entirely! We're with Daisy. If the doorbell rings, we run fer the bedroom!

ABBY said...

Scarlett
We just had visitors and we all hid!

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, ya'll are brave (like Sammy)! Moosey runs UTB when the doorbell rings.