Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Way We Were

I do most of my posts a day ahead, so I missed this yesterday, but better late than never, right?  And hey, I'll take any excuse to post Melly's baby pictures.


Most of you have probably seen these photos before, but I think they're worth re-posting.  And of course, I am completely unbiased. Heh.

This is one of the very first pictures of Melly posted on her foster mom's blog, Pitter Pats of Baby Cats.  Melly was about two months old in this photo.


And this is the first picture of Melly that I took after I brought her home.  She was about three months old and very small--only 2.7lbs.


This is the first picture I ever took of Scarlett.  She was four years old when she came to live with me, so I don't have any kitten pictures.  I bet she was darn cute, though!


This is another early photo of Scarlett, in which she is modeling her favorite pink rhinestone collar.  You'll notice that she is quite svelte, which is due partially to her youth, but mostly to the fact that she was an indoor/outdoor cat at the time.  She used to roam the neighborhood for a couple of hours every evening, but she always came back when I called her in before bed.




15 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

The pics are great, of course love the one of Melly with her head in the baby food jar.

We didn't realize she was a "Pitter Pats" cat...duh. (Or the human didn't remember, which would be par for the course.)

Princess Jasmine said...

Sqweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Melly you look so cute with your head in the jar. We bet you were just as cute Scarlet and I have to say that I love your beautiful pink colour, its very you :)xx and me hee he

Simba said...

OMC, that pic of Melly with her head in the baby food jar is adorable. Scarlett, that sure was a stylish pink collar. You are such a lovely girl too. You remind me a bit of Mom and Dad's kitty Belle. her tabby parts were darker than yours but otherwise similar patterning.

Kjelle Bus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kjelle Bus said...

OMC !
I just LOVE the photo on you Melly with your head in the jar :)
Scarlett i bet you too where darn cute when you where a kitten !

Nerissa said...

Awww....

~*Connie*~ said...

I could look at baby Melly all day.. and I bet Scarlett was a beautiful baby..

Cat said...

Better late than never!!!! We love your kitten pictures :-)

Rene said...

Squeeeeeeee for baby Melly! And Scarlett looks so pretty in her collar.

Repositório said...

I love cat babies!

Fabulous Fabs said...

Posted on the wrong post:

Oh yeah... I remember Melly when she used to be called Sally Dickens who liked chickens... Such fond memories of an hilarious kitten that became such a loving and beautiful ladycat.

Sparkle said...

Melly seemed to have an attitude even as a kitten! ;-)

ABBY said...

Melly's personality was right there from the very start. She was adorable as a baby and has grown into a gorgeous lady cat. Scarlett was no doubt a cute baby too. Like you I have no baby pictures because we adopted all of our kitties well past kittenhood.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

BeadedTail said...

Melly, you were such a cute little baby! Scarlett, you've always been such a pretty girl!

Jewel said...

Melly, you were so sweet, and Kizzie likes to get her head into yoghurt pots so she is a bit like you in that respect. Thanks for taking part in the "Way They Were".