Thursday, May 31, 2012

Melly Takes the Cake, er, Treats

I took a few extra days off over Memorial Day weekend and went to visit my sister down south, which was hot and mosquito-y but awesome.  (This is why I haven't been commenting on your blogs.  I'll be back to my usual sporadic commenting soon!)  While I was away, the wonderful Sarah looked after the kitties.  As usual, I left everything that she might need on the kitchen table: cans of food, a jar of catnip, the laser pointer, a plastic bin of treats, etc.  When I got home from my trip, I went to get some treats to give the kitties and couldn't find the bin.  I thought that was odd, but figured that Sarah must have stashed it somewhere to keep it out of Melly's reach.  

When I emailed Sarah to coordinate getting my keys back, I asked her about the bin. She responded that she never saw it, and just gave the cats some catnip instead.  That was very confusing, since the bin was definitely on the kitchen table when I left for the airport.  I did a more thorough search of the apartment and finally found the bin--upside down under the couch in the living room!  Melly must have pushed it off the kitchen table and somehow wrestled it into the living room and knocked it under the couch, all in the 24 hours between my departure and Sarah's first visit. Goof.



9 comments:

Rene said...

LOL, I think she's taking lessons from our gang! I would never leave any food or treat containers out for our gang. :-)

meowmeowmans said...

Melly, you are norty! But adorable. :)

~*Connie*~ said...

I used to keep treats in a container on the counter like a cookie jar. Jack realized if he knocked the jar off the counter he would get treats.. so I bought a heavy sealed ceramic jar figuring it would keep him from smelling it and if nothing else keep him from knocking it off.. yeah, no such luck.. ceramic shards everywhere!! (and no cookies for Jack, I'm just so glad we were home because I can so see him vacuuming them up and getting the shards with it) so now we keep them elsewhere but that doesn't stop him from nosing things off the counter in hopes of finding treats.. it really stinks when I forget to put my supplements away and I hear them all hit the floor.

Simba said...

Melly must have tried very very hard to work those treat out! What a disappointment for her!

Repositório said...

MOL!!!!!

Sparkle said...

Binga has been known to do similar tricks... but usually when the humans are home in bed, sleeping. Luckily for her, they are a) heavy sleepers and b) lazy.

Nerissa said...

Hehehe... that's so funny... And how smart was she to have such perfect timing so that no one knew 'til it was too late. purrs

ABBY said...

When the kitties learn where the treats are they *learn* how to open them too.

--hehehehehe--

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Our treats are kept in a plastic jar with a screw-on lid. We have NO chance of getting at them on our own!