Monday, May 21, 2012

A New Neighbor Cat

The area outside my bedroom window is a popular place for the neighborhood outdoor cats to visit. Several different ones have come by, Ashley most frequently, but lately we've been having visits from an orange tabby.  Side note: the tabby has the most unusual eyes I think I've ever seen on a cat.  They're such a deep shade of orange that they actually appear brown, which gives them an oddly human look.


This video is a collection of short clips from the cats' encounters with the orange kitty.  The camera had some focus problems toward the end, but I left that clip in because Melly's squeaks are just too funny.  

10 comments:

kelley said...

Outside kitties! such a thrill for the insiders...my two will follow outside kitties from window to window...

Love how Melly is about to smack Scarlett...

Rene said...

It was hard to tell, but orange kitty's eyes to seem an interesting color. I love how Melly seemed confused as to smack Scarlett or look outside.

Nerissa said...

hehehe... You have a NEW neighbour cat and I have a NOSEY neighbour cat. Did you read my blog yesterday? If so, you'll know just what I mean. purrs

Marlene said...

Those squeaks are adorable. And Scarlett's head-on collision with Melly was pretty darn cute too hehe

Repositório said...

What lovely neighbour cat you have! Love this "talkative video"!
=)

Sparkle said...

Scarlett does NOT like the new neighbor kitty at all! And in spite of his oh-so innocent look, it seems to me like he is egging her on - he did not go away quickly, after all!

ABBY said...

Scarlett makes the same sounds that Ping does when he sees a introoder come into our yard. Melly you did have some cute little squeaks at the end of the video.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

BeadedTail said...

Scarlett is not happy about another kitty coming around! Melly's little squeaks are so cute!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

ohhhh those sounds were too adorable! My goodness they were upset and rightfully so!

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, we think Scarlett is not so happy with that neighbor kitteh!