Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Kitty Cornered'


When Geoff and I were at the bookstore buying Melly's torture device jersey, I happened upon the book Kitty Cornered on the sale rack.  It looked cute, so I picked it up and read it the next day.  James Herriot's books (All Creatures Great and Small, etc.) are still my favorite animal stories, but Kitty Cornered was a fun read.  I laughed out loud several times, usually at the author's description of his feline friends, who are thoroughly hilarious and strange.  In true cat fashion, they've completely taken over his life.

This isn't an official review (I'm getting zero compensation from anyone); I just thought my fellow cat lovers might be interested in the book.  If anyone would like my copy, I'll be happy to pass it along; just leave a note in the comments.  If more than one person is interested, I'll randomly pick someone on Saturday.

And now, here are a couple of pictures of Melly on the cat tree in its new location. I think she approves.





8 comments:

~*Connie*~ said...

I'm always up for a good read about kitties :)

If there are more, maybe we can form a "book club" and forward it on from one to the other.. leaving little paw prints from our kitties :)

Rene said...

I like Connie's suggestion! I too love all cat books and haven't read this one.

Nerissa said...

You know what they say... location, location, location! purrs

Sparkle said...

Thanks for the tip - I just had my human place a hold for it at our library.

ABBY said...

Connie's idea is a good one. We'd love to read and pass it on.

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Marlene said...

Excellent suggestion, Connie! Love passing books around :)

euthymic said...

I also love the books of James Herriot. Looks like your cat is fond of his cat tree:)

Tabitha said...

Hey every one!! We have three cats (1 huge tabby and 2 smaller Burmese) and we are thinking of getting a cat tree. Any one have ones they like, or know what I should be looking for in a cat tree?!?!? THANKS! cat people rock.