Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Melly's Illuminating Facts

There were some good questions for Melly in yesterday's comments, which I will answer after a quick belly floof break...



...and now, the answers:

Q: Rene said, "We would like to know her favorite treats (we know Scarlett has many)!"
A: Melly loves anything to do with chicken (baked chicken, raw chicken, chicken jerky, chicken jerky-wrapped rawhide, etc.) but her favorite by far is freeze-dried chicken.  She goes completely bananas over it.

Q: Simba asked, "does Melly shed white fur and black fur the same extent?"
A: I think she sheds more black fur than white, judging by the massive quantities of black cat hair that I'm perpetually brushing from the sofa slipcovers.  It's a bit hard to tell, though, since the white hair isn't as noticeable unless it's on my black clothes.

Q: BeadedTail and meowmeowmans asked which toys and games are Melly's favorites.
A: Melly's favorite toy by far is Da Bird.  I keep it on a high shelf in the closet so she can't get to it, and if I so much as brush by the toy, she comes running, all ready to play.  When she's amusing herself, Melly's favorite toys are crinkle balls.  She probably has about two dozen of them around the apartment, and every time I move a piece of furniture, I find at least four of them underneath.

Q: Katnip Lounge said, "We'd like to know if Melly's purr is soft or loud."
A: Melly's purr is quiet; unless you have your ear right up next to her, you can barely hear it.  Also, she's pretty stingy with her purr--she has to be positively blissful before her motor will start going.  Scarlett purrs if I so much as look in her direction, but with Melly, I have to earn that purr!  That makes it pretty rewarding when it happens, though.

Q: ABBY said, "WE'd like to know what is Melly's favorite napping spot?"
A: If I'm available as a napping venue, she likes to curl up on or around my feet.  If that isn't an option, Melly is partial to the sofas.  She sometimes drapes herself along the back of the couch, and sometimes smushes herself into the corner next to the arm.


Thanks for the great questions!






12 comments:

Rene said...

Have you ever tried rotisierre (sp) chicken--our gang goes nuts over that for some reason. :-)

Melly may get more purr-y as she ages. Tucker rarely purred when he was younger but now I can just talk to him and he'll start rumbling.

Simba said...

We enjoyed your answers!

Nerissa said...

I just LOVE those pretty belly shots. So does the peep. And we both really enjoyed reading your answers to the questions. purrs

meowmeowmans said...

It sure is nice to learn more about our sweet pal Melly! Thanks for illuminating us! :)

Tabitha said...

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the belly floof. We have a tabby who looks a little like Scarlett and enjoys belly rubs to no end!
I am going to keep an eye out for freeze dried chicken treats.

Katnip Lounge said...

Felix and Rupert are the same with purring; it IS satisfying to get 'em really GOING!

Cat said...

Great answers Melly!!!!

Sparkle said...

We always want to know more about Melly!

Repositório said...

What amazing and fluffy tummy!

ABBY said...

--squee---
We love MellyBelly.

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

What great questions AND answers...

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

loved this post and belated concats on your award!!!!!

I have a question my friend...could you please add a "follow by email" option on yoru bloggy! That way I won't miss a post! It is too hard to go into my blogroll every day!