Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rearranging the Living Room

The furniture arrangement in the living room was starting to feel claustrophobic, so I decided to rearrange.  This involved tearing the whole living room and much of the bedroom apart and moving lots of heavy furniture around the apartment--unnecessarily, as it turned out, since I ended up putting a lot of the pieces back in their original positions.*  Geoff, who assisted in the moving, was thrilled by this.  

The cats weren't as freaked out as I expected by the moving, and Melly enjoyed having a perch in the middle of the room:



*In my defense, it should be noted that I created a scale drawing of the apartment and played with many different furniture layouts before actually starting to move anything.   It's just that it's really hard to tell how things will look when you're playing with silhouettes on a blueprint!

10 comments:

BeardOfFire said...

I completely understand how it goes with moving furniture. There's very few places where most of my furniture can go, so when I started rearranging things to make room in a couple places, most pieces stayed in the same place.

And the reason for moving furniture at all: At this moment I have one four-year old cat. By the end of today, I'll be bringing two 7.5-week old kittens into the home. We'll see how it goes with my older cat :3

Marlene said...

Love it hehe. I used to draw layouts on graph paper when I rearranged my bedroom. Now, my furniture is pretty much set.

Rene said...

It is amazing that the cats didn't freak out. I can hardly move a litterbox (for cleaning temporarily) without the cats inspecting.

Geoff Schmidt said...

I think my favorite part was when Natalie was moving the bar, with Melly's help. By "help," I mean that as Natalie moved it, Melly continued to lay on it, unfazed by the motion.

Simba said...

Is the cat tree in the middle of the room now at the end of it all, or was that only during the process? Melly looks so much like the queen of the castle there.

Sparkle said...

I know what Melly is thinking: "She should leave it here all the time!"

~*Connie*~ said...

Don't you know that once you move things they become INFINITELY more interesting to the cat. Ever want to buy new cat trees? just try moving the old ones and they are just like all new ones :)

kelley said...

I'm always rearranging my furniture and the cats love it...new places to sniff and hide...looks like Melly had a grand time...

Daisy said...

I wish my Mommeh would move my tree to the middle of the room!

BeadedTail said...

Melly, you deserve to be the center of attention so we hope your tree stayed in the middle of the room!