Thursday, August 16, 2012

Melly the Style Critic

Lately, Melly has taken it upon herself to keep an eye on me while I do my hair and makeup in the mornings.   Reaching her perch above the toilet involves several tricky jumps but the job of monitoring my morning ablutions is so important that Melly doesn't mind.  

I took these pictures with my phone yesterday.  Here, Melly is second-guessing my choice of eyeliner:

"Are you sure you want that one? 
I think you really ought to go for the kohl pencil."

After I disregarded her advice, she spent the rest of my prep time like this:

"You're doing it wrong."

Where was Scarlett during all this?  She was sitting on the shelf next to the sink, pointedly ignoring Melly.  Scarlett, you see, has not managed to get up onto the shelf above the toilet, and I think she was a bit jealous.

12 comments:

BeadedTail said...

It would take our Mommy forever to get ready because she'd be petting cute Melly! It's a good thing she works from home and no one has to see her makeup-less. :)

meowmeowmans said...

Melly, that sure is nice of you to help your Mom get ready! :)

Sparkle said...

I bet Melly DOES have the best view!

P.S. I never agree with my human's beauty choices either.

Princess Jasmine said...

Awww Melly, mummy could do with you as her make-up adviser. Maybe Scarlet could help out with other daily decisions such as which shoes to wear or maybe pick out the jewellery to finish the outfit off :)xx

Rene said...

LOL! Her look in the second photo is classic!

Anonymous said...

You know what would be a funny series - Fashion and Makeup by Melly (Ask Melly) hehehe

Repositório said...

MOL!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

this was just TOO CUTE!

ABBY said...

Oh Melly it would take our Mom forever to get ready if you were right above her, because she'd be talking to you the entire time.

purrs
>^,,^<
✿•*¨`*•. ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥✿•*¨`*•.

Cynthia M. Suprenant said...

Well, if Melly gave me beauty or grooming advice, I have to say that I'd take it VERY seriously. The girl is naturally gorgeous!

Au and Target said...

Target bats my hair when I'm blow drying it. This is why I look like a hedgehog most days :-)

~*Connie*~ said...

You really should listen to her, I mean her eyeliner is purfect!