Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bedtime with Cats...who are STILL in my home

Geoff here again, this time Natalie's actually here, but even though she's with the cats, she's generously allowed me to write today's post.  Melly is on her lap, butting noses, while Scarlett is purring away, laying against my thigh, as in the pic from yesterday's post.

When I left off yesterday, we were heading to bed, so I thought I'd pick up there.

Upon arriving in my bedroom I found the cats united in a common cause.


"Don't mind us, we're just hanging out here, shedding on your shirt.  It will look much nicer when we're done.  Carry on now, away with you, large biped."

But when I removed the shirt and climbed into bed, they scattered...temporarily.

Melly retreated to the dresser where she did her impersonation of a hunchback.


Scarlett was a bit bolder and moved back in quite quickly.

"She's over there, isn't she?  I can feel her...staring at us. Ugh."

Not too long, though, and Melly returned to the bed, where a faceoff ensued.


That broke up quickly though, with Melly heading to her favorite bedtime place: under the covers.  More accurately, a tent under my legs, under the covers.
"This is cool right?  Okay, good.  Now you just need to not move all night long.  Got it?"

Scarlett, however was content to stay above the covers, where this could happen.




11 comments:

Simba said...

Love the second to last picture's caption!

Fuzzy Tales said...

We dunno...Melly, that might not be the best spot to be all night, depending on what Geoff ate before bed! ;-P

~*Connie*~ said...

you are going to give them back though.. right??

Anonymous said...

Am loving these Tales From Geoff's House entries. ;)

Sparkle said...

They look like they are having lots of fun at your house! Well, except for the faceoff part.

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Awwwww you are the sweetest kitty daddy!

Marlene said...

Very nice update on the pair. I think you have captured their 'voices' perfectly.

Rene said...

I don't know if the girls are going to want to leave. . . :-)

Repositório said...

I love all photos!

Stacy Hurt said...

I certainly hope that in that second to last photo Miss Mellie minded her manners by not enforcing the *five claw rule* in any, er... tender areas of pursuasion.

xoxo
Ms. Stella O'Houligan

bentley1530 said...

Scarlett looks so pleased to be with her guy:) but I her grumpy face in the third picture.