Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Laundry Day, or Scarlett Is Miffed

The blue blanket on which Scarlett spends 99% of her time was getting pretty furry and gross, so I decided to wash it.  Unfortunately, my timing was not great as both Scarlett and Melly were asleep on the blanket at the time. (Communal washers in my building mean that there's not a ton of flexibility in the laundry schedule; when a machine is open, one must pounce!)  So, I relocated the cats to the bed, where there were several piles of clothes in various stages of the laundry process.

Melly burrowed into the comforter, completely unfazed by the relocation. Scarlett settled grumpily on a heap of black pants.

"Oh, blue blanket, I miss you already. 
But these pants show off my white fur, so they'll do for now."

Unfortunately for Scarlett, the black pants were there because they were going to be dry-cleaned.

"I have to move again?
This is unacceptable. Begone, human. Begone."

6 comments:

Rene said...

LOL, poor Scarlett can't get a break. I think you need to have a backup blanket in the closet for these moments. . . ;-)

~*Connie*~ said...

I second the 'back up blanket' idea.. if nothing else that kitty needs some nip or some other treat..

Repositório said...

enjoy the blanket!

meowmeowmans said...

Poor Scarlett! We understand completely, sweet girl. We hope your blanket comes back SOON!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

MOL!! Adorable! She is saying "Can't a girl cat get ANY peace????"

Sparkle said...

I would be mad too!