Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Blue Blanket Returns

After I washed the blue blanket (and pulled a glob of cat hair roughly the size of a watermelon out of the dryer lint filter) and put it back on the dresser, Scarlett was skeptical. It smelled Not Right.

Melly, of course, was not in the least bit hesitant, and immediately leapfrogged over Scarlett to get to her spot.

"My blanket smells wrong, and The Interloper is invading it.
I disapprove."

It took Scarlett a while to settle in after Melly left...



"Do you know how much shedding I am going to have to do to make up for all the fur you washed off this?


"A LOT. A LOT OF SHEDDING."

But she got there eventually.

"Oh, blue blanket, I love you."





6 comments:

Rene said...

Wow, that's amazing how you can see her changing expressions. :-)

I wash all our cat covers frequently, so our gang never has a chance to know what happened, hee.

Sparkle said...

That is the way I felt when my human washed my red bed!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Awww i am so happy that all is right with her world!

meowmeowmans said...

That is SO sweet. Now go and fur up that blanket real nice, okay Scarlett? :)

Kjelle Bus said...

What is it wiff hoomans ??
Washing yur blanket when it´s smells THE best !!

Cynthia M. Suprenant said...

That last picture of Scarlett must become her official portrait. You know, to hang in the gallery of all Queens?