Friday, September 21, 2012

There are CATS in my home!

As a follow-up to yesterday's post from Natalie, I thought I'd give a status report on the wee furry beasties.  (FYI, this is Geoff, the fiancé.)

I brought the cats to my place early Tuesday morn.  When we arrived, it was getting close to their regular breakfast time, so I fed them to help get them feeling comfortable.  It's been quite a while since they've been here, so I hoped they'd remember the place as a familiar venue (and one they both quite enjoy).

If anything, they certainly hadn't lost their familiarity with food:

After work I had more time to gauge how they'd settled in.  Scarlett had reacquainted herself with the sliding glass door onto the deck.

"I enjoy this view, however, you're welcome to open the door so I can get a closer look."

Nice try Scarlett, not gonna happen.

 "Fine, I'll show you, I'll spread my fur far and wide all over your nice comfy rug..."

"...oooh, rolling on here feels soooooo good."

But someone else spotted what looked to be an enjoyable activity:
"HEY!!!  Great idea!  That looks fun!  Let me try too!!  Ohhh yeah, that feels wonderful!"

Scarlett decided she'd had enough of sharing the rug and returned to her window, but couldn't help stealing a glance back at Melly.

 "She is sooooo undignified.  I maintained a sense of propriety and decorum while rolling about on the rug."

 "I honestly can't imagine why you even let her come here."

After a while, all that rolling about and window-looking took its toll and Scarlett decided it was time to snuggle up in - what has lately been one of her favorite spots - curled up against my thigh.


There was even snoring.  SNORING!

Okay, that's it for now.  As I write this, it's about bedtime, where I'll surely be besieged by the two varmints.

6 comments:

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

We have no doubt that your (lovely) carpet is improved by a lot of cat hairs!

Rene said...

LOL, so much for dignity, Scarlett. :-)

Repositório said...

Hahaah! Funny time!

kelley said...

what a lucky man you are...not everyone has a chance at two gorgeous overnight guests with the approval if his beloved...Miss S doesn't seen to be missing her blue blanket one little bit...

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Geoff those girls are lucky and how lucky is their Mommy that you were kind enough to do a blog post!? You rock!

~*Connie*~ said...

I do find it quite adorable that the blog goes where the cats are.. and blogging duties fall on those who house them.

Yup, Geoff looks like a keeper.