Friday, October 12, 2012

In which Melly is creepy

Do your cats like to creepily observe you in the bathroom?  Scarlett and Melly seem to get a kick out doing just that. They insist on being in the bathroom with me; if the door is closed and they can't get in, they sit outside and either bang on the door (Scarlett) or cry (Melly).  I've gotten used to have a feline audience while I'm shaving my legs or brushing my teeth, but being watched while I'm doing, um, other bathroom things is just plain unnerving.

I would just like to say that the following photos were staged. It would be very weird if they weren't.

"Oh, hi! Whatcha doin down there?"

"I was definitely not watching while you were using the loo. 
See, I'm just casually looking over here."

"Ok, fine. Maybe I was watching. You humans are interesting!"

7 comments:

Rene said...

I must say that Jim gets the majority of the "observing" i the bathroom. Sadie is very persistent in wanting to be on his shoulders while he's, um, sitting for a while.

Tucker will watch me as I do my hair and/or putting on makeup, but thankfully isn't interested in toilet stuff (phew, sometimes you don't want an audience)!

Simba said...

I like to sit in the bathroom while Mom has a shower, but otherwise we don't do much observing of loo functions etc. But we do like to scratch on closed doors.

~*Connie*~ said...

You are lucky you just get watched. The Crew often feels the need to have interaction.. Pat me, scratch my chin, talk to me, well if you won't play with me I'll attack this stuff around your ankles..

Isaac, Emily, and Laura said...

If you ever plan to have children, you might as well get used to having company in the loo. Toddlers *must* accompany you into the bathroom on *all* occasions. So get used to it with the cats, and if you have kids, it won't seem so weird! :)

Sparkle said...

Well, that is better than Binga - she likes to barge in and nip the human's legs and feet!

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

Cody and I share a bathroom so I am used to it.
He has a litter cabinet which is like a piece of furniture and it is in the bathroom.
He "eerily" watches something else that I won't go into right now lol

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Ya know what we are doin while we watch you? We're sending the images ta Beins ya USED ta be friends with... And they will never admit it to ya! BWAH-Ha-ha...