Monday, January 21, 2013

In Which Melly is Hungry

Melly wakes me up every morning between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. by biting and pulling on my hair. It's delightful. She won't stop until I get up and feed her. So, I recently got a food dish with a timer in hopes of stopping these nightly wake-ups. I haven't tried the timer feature yet and am currently letting Melly get used to eating her dry food out of the bowl, but I plan to try the timer soon. Fingers crossed that it works!

"Hungryyyyyyyyy."

"Yeah, you heard me. I'm HUNGRY."

7 comments:

Joan said...

Hope that a timer helps... It here Oscar that pull on mine hear ..but I can also neving be angry about it... But early ....here is 6.oo-6.30 that the the cats are coming..

Ted Timmons said...

There's a cool pet feeder on indiegogo that I "ordered". Hopefully I'll see it in six months.

But when our (boy named) Sue was little, we decided our sleep was precious and we didn't want to kill him. Ever since then we only feed our cats once per day, right before going to bed.

It means they are both lazy late-rising cats. Sometimes Sue will stay in bed for hours after we get up!

Rene said...

Uuuuugh, we just won't put up with early-morning wake ups like that.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

NONE of us kitties pull this stunt. Either that, or we are and my human sleeps through it all. When she is out, she is out.

~*Connie*~ said...

I hope she isn't highly food motivated. I bought a timed feeder for Em back in the day and left it out, well Jack smelled the food and worked and worked till he got the thing open, in probably all of five minutes..

Mr Puddy said...

I wish I have those timer : )
Paws crossed for your mom...tee..heh..heh I hope it's work
xoxo

meowmeowmans said...

We have timed feeders for both Sammy and Moosey! :)