Monday, January 14, 2013

In Which Melly Stretches the Rules

Thank you so much for the lovely birthday wishes for Melly last week. We celebrated with extra treats and playtime, and I think she rather enjoyed her special day.  

Age seems to be giving Melly the confidence to flout the rules a bit, which is a little worrisome. By the time she hits middle age, she'll be brazenly sleeping on the counters and scratching the furniture.

"I'm not on the kitchen table; I'm on an envelope."

"See? Envelope."

"Now 5% of me is on the envelope and the rest is envelope-adjacent.
Totally counts."

10 comments:

Marlene said...

Well done, Melly! Snicker snicker

Joan said...

Hoe smaller how nicer to sit on...

~*Connie*~ said...

Well Melly is right, she isn't on the counter.. and envelope-adjacent totally works..

Rene said...

Ha haaaaa! Good one Melly. I can totally see Tucker doing that.

BeadedTail said...

Happy Belated Birthday Melly! We're sorry we missed it! You are clearly not on the table so we don't see the issue at all!

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

You mean Melly wasn't already flaunting the rules? I had no idea she was a late bloomer.

kelley said...

Melly girl you are one clever girl, nice trick with the envelope...I figure my cats are on everything when I'm out of the house...

Nerissa said...

You're so smart... purrs

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

I love how you think :)

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Hmm, move another 5% over, an ya wont be on the counter even by Moms standards! Heh-heh.