Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Melly the Snuggler

The cats have an ongoing war over who gets to sit in my lap in the morning while I eat breakfast. My lap is a very desirable spot that time of day for the following reasons:
  • I sit for about 10 minutes and can eat breakfast with one hand, which means the winning cat receives 10 uninterrupted minutes of petting and attention
  • I wear many layers of comfy fabrics, which results in extra coziness in the snuggle zone
Here is Melly on a recent morning when she beat Scarlett to The Lap.




She looks a bit smug, don't you think?

6 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

She does, indeed, look very smug. :-)

Derry's my lap cat, only he insists that both hands be on his fur. One hand alone just isn't good enough, and he certainly makes that known!

Rene said...

LOL, great photos! She knows a good spot when she's found it.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I think that smug expression is totally well-earned!

ABBY said...

Melly you know how to melt hearts!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Ya snooze, ya lose (the lap).

~*Connie*~ said...

totally smug! :)