Thursday, June 27, 2013

Outtakes from the Kitty Bed Photo Shoot


Thank you to those who donated to Dog-a-Thon yesterday! The challenge was met, so production on the 50 beds will begin tonight!

I thought I'd show you a closeup of the bed that was featured in yesterday's photo shoot. Normally there isn't a seam across the middle, but I made this one out of leftover pieces of fleece.


Yesterday, Isaac, Emily, and Laura left a comment asking for directions on how to make the beds. I got the pattern from Sue at Pitter Pats of Baby Cats, so I'll refer you to her step-by-step instructions. I have modified Sue's pattern a little bit, but the concept is the same. (If you have questions, just shoot me an email.) There's lots of room to be creative with these! Also, if you're just learning to sew or if you're teaching someone to sew, this is a great project since it's mostly straight lines and fleece is very forgiving. 

As promised, here are some outtakes from the pet bed photo shoot. Scarlett was not particularly pleased to have been awakened from her nap on the couch and plonked on the fleece bed, and she refused to model properly.



Melly, for whom modelling is old hat, found the photo shoot to be quite boring.


See that little corner of pink under her whiskers, by where the black fur ends? That's her tongue! I swear, she can unhinge her jaw like a snake.



4 comments:

Rene said...

Yeah! Love the heart in the middle. :-)

Isaac, Emily, and Laura said...

Thanks for the link to the directions! The heart in the middle really makes it perfect. :)

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Melly, I have the same talent with my jaw!

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

Melly, have you 'pologized to Mom about ripping up her skin so bad? If not you really ought to.