Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Kitties and my Mom

My mom was in town for a visit last week, and as I mentioned, she is very allergic to cats to the point that she can't even touch them. Melly was utterly befuddled to meet a human immune to her constant demands for attention, and kept approaching my poor sneezy mother looking for affection. Scarlett, on the other hand, was overjoyed at having her personal space so well respected. Scarlett is normally not a fan of strangers, but she and my mom got along famously by the end of the week. Scarlett would approach my mom and nuzzle her toes; Mom would scratch Scarlett's chin with her foot. I have no pictures of this, so you'll have to take my word for the fact that it was utterly adorable.

My mom also couldn't resist taking pictures of the cats, especially Melly, who gamely posed and mugged for the camera.


All in all, it was a fun visit, and I think the cats enjoyed having my mom around. (This may be at least partially because she shared tiny bites of salmon and chicken with them.) I will say, though, that they are very happy to again have access to the bedroom! Scarlett has barely left her precious blue blanket since I brought my mom to the airport.

9 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Somehow we think bites of salmon and chicken would go a LONG way to endearing a human to a cat. LOL.

Glad you all had a good visit, allergies notwithstanding!

Simba said...

Mom here sympathizes some with your Mom. I, Simba, have very little stimulating effect on her allergies, but she is quite allergic to Audrey. This is hard, because Audrey likes to snuggle, but when she does so with Mom, she gets the itchies. But Mom CAN stroke her without too much bad effect. Audrey sleeps in the kitchen so as not to be able to be on the human bed. And Dad gives her double snuggles.

Katnip Lounge said...

Your poor Mom! Not being able to huff kitty tums...I'd go MAD, I tell you.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

I love the photo of Melly posing for your mom's camera - she is such a ham!

Rene said...

Aw, that is a cute shot.

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

"we love it when you visit but we love it when you are gone" :)

I bet it was really sweet to have Scarlett enjoy your mom's toes like that..

Marlene said...

What a delightful story :) Toe skritches sound good too. Poor Mellybean haha

meowmeowmans said...

Toe scritches are better than NO scritches! :) LOVE that picture of Melly posing for your mom. :)

Mark's Mews (Ayla, Iza, and Marley) said...

WE feel very sorry fer yer GraMom...